1 box rigatoni or penne pasta
1 package pineapple sausage
1 large onion
4 cloves of garlic
5 Tbs olive oil
1/2 cup fresh basil
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
2 Tbs oregano
2 Tbs salt
3 Tbs black pepper
1) Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
2) Once boiling, add in the pasta and cook. When finished, drain and set aside.
3) Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on medium high.
4) While the oil is heating, mince the garlic add it in.
5) Chop the onion and add it in.
6) Remove the sausages from the packaging and slice into bite-size pieces. Add to the saucepan and stir until cooked.
7) Pour in the pasta sauce and add the heavy whipping cream. Mix with the sausage until combined.
8) Add the parmesan cheese to the sauce and mix. Make sure to continue mixing so the melted cheese doesn't cook to the bottom.
9) Chop and add in the fresh basil.
10) Mix in the oregano, salt, and black pepper and let simmer for 5 minutes.
11) When the sauce is done, take your pasta and add it in to the sauce. Mix until combined. Serve hot.